Looking for some new breakfast ideas? Try these delicious morsels from our Move Strong Nutrition Program!
Time-Saving Tip: Save yourself time and effort and double this recipe and freeze the cupcakes for later use. Cupcakes are great for breakfast or snacks on the go.
1 green onion
8 slices bacon
1 cup roasted red and yellow peppers
4 cups fresh spinach
Black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and grease two muffin pans.
2. Whisk all your eggs in a big bowl along with your desired amount of black pepper.
3. Put the green onion, zucchini, bacon, and peppers in a food processor and process until finely chopped but NOT smooth. Add this mixture to your eggs.
4. Next, add the spinach into the processor, finely chop, and then add to the eggs in the bowl.
5. Mix the egg mixture well, and then, using a 1/4 measuring cup, fill the muffin pans (you’ll be able to make 18-20 cupcakes).
6. Bake the egg cupcakes for 20-25 minutes or until the eggs are set in the middle.