We’re big fans of using chickpeas and other legumes in baking. They make a great gluten-free flour alternative, and in addition can bulk up your treats with lots of prebiotic fibre, which can help nourish your beneficial microbes in your gut. Plus our kids love them, and would never know they were made with chickpeas!
- 420g canned chickpeas, drained
- 120g natural nut butter
- 110g raw honey, pure maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 50g raw cacao powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 60g dairy-free dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- Sea salt, optional
- Set oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place all of the ingredients – except the dark chocolate – into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add in dark chocolate pieces, and mix into the batter. The batter should be very thick.
- Pour into a greased brownie tin and smooth over. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake in oven for 22-25min, or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool a little before slicing and eating!